Dr. Stephen Mahere is an educator. He's the father of prominent lawyer and political activist Fadzayi Mahere. Stephen Mahere served as the Permanent Secretary of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture Secretary from February 2009 to June 2012 when he was reassigned to the Public Service Commission. He resigned from the civil service in 2013.
|Born||Stephen Max Mahere|
|Alma mater||University of Zimbabwe|
|Employer||Government of Zimbabwe|
- PhD(UZ); MBA(UZ); PGDE(UZ); BSc(UZ); FCIS(ICSA); CSTT Admin (Japan)
- He has published a number of books and Research Studies..
- In September 2011, as Permanent Secretary of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture Secretary, Mahere clashed with the Minister of his ministry David Coltart over Coltart's plans to allow Trust schools to run their affairs without government oversight. Mahere blocked the plan. Coltart however said this had never happened.
- Mahere is a former trade unionist 
Today's Top Pindula News2019-07-15T20:57:48Z
- UZ Department Staff University of Zimbabwe, Retreived: 13 October 2016
- Education policy, Sen Coltart, Dr Mahere clash, Zimpapers, Published: 4 September 2011, Retrieved: 13 Oct 2016
- eachers union says too many centres of power in education ministry Retreieved: 13 Oct 2016]