Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
The Assistant Social Scientist will be responsible for assisting the social scientist in collection of good quality qualitative data, data transcription and translation and with analysis of qualitative data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Social Scientist in identifying and recruiting qualitative study participants according to protocol eligibility criteria.
- Collecting good quality qualitative data according to standard operating procedures; Generation of research-specific reports and summaries as applicable (e.g. field notes and interview summaries) according to standard operating procedures.
- Transcription and translation of qualitative data according to standards set in the standard operating procedures.
- Assisting with data analysis, e.g. with qualitative data coding.
- Assisting with report-writing for the qualitative findings.
- Ensuring that all the activities above meet the minimum quality standards as set in the relevant standard operating procedures.
- Any other social science research duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field.
- At least one year’s experience in social science or qualitative research.
- Experience in qualitative data collection and analysis is key to this position.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Fluency in Shona and Ndebele.
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality.
How to Apply
To Apply Complete the Application Form on: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=sDQ_pZ2QfUac_GGXQMo-HUUuLkJQtR9JjdmDECZJzXFUQ05MMTdZUEQ4NjJNRUVLR1lXVjBXQzEwWS4u
Then Submit your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to: email@example.com.
NB: Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 April 2023