Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of BUYER (Grade C3) that has risen in our organization based in Harare. The successful applicants will be reporting to the Procurement Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and implement procurement strategies for respective procurement categories.
- Negotiate with suppliers on price, quality, lead time and payment terms that are favorable to the company.
- Create purchase orders and generate exception reports.
- Establish and recommend alternative suppliers for key materials and services.
- Periodically assess and evaluate performance by key suppliers.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key suppliers.
- Assess the risks involved with dealing with each supplier to minimize any losses the organization may incur.
- Manage supplier contracts as directed by the Procurement Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply.
- Certification from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Self – motivated with impeccable diligence and ability to work in a team.
- Self –starter, sober habits and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Information seeking.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send their written applications supported by a concise CV with the subject “PROCUREMENT” to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27 March 2023