Director Of Engineering Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned position which has arisen in Lupane Local Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the planning, designing, construction, operation and maintenance all Council infrastructure.
- Formulates department budget and submits it to the Town Secretary.
- Manages the production of future development master plans and local plans.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of Council strategic plans.
- Attends board meetings to give technical advice and ensures timeous implementation of Council resolutions relevant to the Engineering Services Department.
- Manages resources within the Engineering Department (Human, financial, plant and equipment).
- Gives timeous feedback to the Town Secretary on all work/projects/activities being implemented in the Department.
- Maintains self-discipline and that of subordinates falling under his/her control.
- Handles disciplinary cases fairly and firmly within the given time frame.
- Supervises management of the following sections within the Department: Roads and civil works
- Town planning and development control.
- Water and sanitation management
- Transport and plant management.
- Formulates internal control measures and policies for the Department.
- Formulates standard operating procedures for Department tasks and activities.
- Manages projects implementation, oversees compliance to quality control standards and design specifications.
- Oversees implementation of council resolutions, and by-laws related to engineering services ensuring compliance to Acts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree from a recognised University in Civil Engineering.
- Membership of the Zimbabwe Council of Engineers.
- At least three years post qualification experience.
- Class four driver's licence.
- A citizen of Zimbabwe.
- A clean criminal record.
- A clean record of service within the local government fraternity, where applicable.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed CVs should be submitted to:
The Town Secretary
Lupane Local Board
P. 0. Box 118
NB: Lupane Local Board is An Equal Opportunity Employer hence all suitably qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 03 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Lupane Local Board
Lupane Local Board is the provincial capital town for Matabeleland North province located 172 kms off Bulawayo along Victoria Falls high way. The home of state of the art Lupane State University (LSU) which is already adding value to the town’s population and investment opportunities. The town covers an area of 23.1 km². Lupane Town is strategically positioned for investment in terms of its route node intersection. Lupane has a dam with a capacity of 40 million m² which can be utilised for investment opportunities.