Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spatial data collection using GPS devices.
- Remote sensing data acquisition, archiving and processing.
- Managing digital data collection platforms, geodatabases and GIS laboratory equipment;
- Creation of maps and other graphics using GIS software for presentations, publications. reports and other purposes.
- Assisting students with GIS practicals and fieldwork activities.
- Advising other heads of departments or staff on the best use GIS technology to support organizational goals.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining computers and software used for GIS applications. Researching new GIS technology to determine its potential utility for specific applications and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Department Chairperson.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification and Experience Applicants must have a Diploma/ BSc Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography and Environmental Science or relevant qualifications, Experience working with GIS Packages including QGIS, ILWIS, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI, ArcView, ArcGIS and other ESRI products and knowledge of programming languages, Web Mapping and Google Earth Engine is an added advantage.
- Information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications which should include the application letter, certified copies of certificates, national identification and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees. Applications in envelopes clearly indicating post applied for should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
P.O. Box 35
OR Hand Deliver to:
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
15 Longlands Road
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University does not charge applicants a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not have Agents who receive applications on its behalf.
Deadline: 05 April 2023