Group Head Compliance
AFC Holdings seeks to recruit a seasoned Group Head of Compliance. Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Group Head of Compliance will ensure best practice, standards and risk mitigation strategies which reflect regulatory expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The objective of this role is to lead the Compliance team and to provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders through a range of compliance frameworks thereby maintaining and enhancing a compliance culture. Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and enabling a compliance management Function through implementation of strategy, structure and process.
- Supporting seamless integration of compliance management and providing input and ensuring accurate reporting and articulation of compliance risks. o Promoting a compliance culture by advising, guiding and influencing transformation and provision of compliance risk monitoring programmes.
- Conducting compliance risk and control assessments by identifying and testing existing controls.
- Providing advice and support which enables Management to make informed decisions, ensuring compliance best practice, standards and risk mitigation. Working with Stakeholders, directly and through the compliance team to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks.
- Advising Stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks or related matters that may compromise business.
- Leading and motivating the compliance team in their advisory and assurance awareness activities.
- Leading and overseeing delivery of Compliance training and personal development.
- Representing and coordinating compliance at relevant meetings and committees with key regulators.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Laws/Risk and Insurance/Economics/Business Studies /Accounting or equivalent.
- Diploma in Compliance or relevant professional qualification or certification is an added advantage.
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or MBL is a distinct advantage.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the financial services sector at senior managerial level.
- Knowledge of Banking and Insurance business systems, rules and regulations is a distinct added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong understanding of a range of compliance frameworks with ability to present findings of compliance reviews to Stakeholders.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse relevant legislation, engage with business on changes and identify potential impact.
- Ability to contribute to the formulation of budgets and effectively manage annual budgets and resources.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Ability to build successful relationships with a number of diverse Stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced organisation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume. All applications should be emailed to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied For as your e-mail subject reference.
Deadline: 25 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC)
The AFC Holdings is a Group of Companies comprising of the following subsidiaries: -AFC Land and Development Bank -AFC Commercial Bank (formerly Agribank) -AFC Leasing Company -AFC Insurance Company AFC Holdings is a one stop shop for development finance, commercial banking, insurance and leasing with special focus on agriculture development.