The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the above post. Reporting to the Director-General.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in corporate strategy planning and prepare annual work plans for the Finance Unit.
- Produce accurate and complete annual consolidated financial statements and submission to the Auditor-General.
- Give direction in the preparation of Financial Statements according to the accounting standards and supervise financial transactions according to policies and procedures.
- Lead the annual financial budgeting process to produce relevant,accurate and timely financial budgets and financials forecasts.
- Create strategies to manage financial risk within the Authority and provide regular, sound, accurate and timely financial advice and information to the Authority, Director-General and Management to support decision-making.
- Determine, monitor and actively manage liquidity requirements to ensure the Authority is financially liquid to meet on-going operational requirements and investment of surplus funds.
- Ensure a strong control environment through the development and implementation of accounting policies, financial controls and internal control procedures.
- Ensure preparation, review and submission of Management Accounts to the Director-General, Finance Committee, Percentage Discount Board (a subsidiary of the Authority).
- Oversee the Authority's financial planning and financial forecasting cycles to enable the organization to operate optimally at all times. Oversee the financial operations of the subsidiary.
- Develop the Authority's investment strategy and monitor the Authority's investment.
- Lead and manage finance operations and recommend improvements to increase efficiency.
- Develop the resource mobilization strategy and ensure the successful implementation of the strategy.
- Monitor donor funds by ensuring that the funds are used in compliance with Grant Agreements.
- Ensure compliance of statutory and regulatory obligations in relation to accounting, statutory reporting, tax and other regulations.
- Direct and supervise the financial team to ensure that they fulfill their obligations.
- Build an effective and high performance team through training, coaching and performance management.
- Prepare Committee reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)/Leadership/Strategic Management or equivalent.
- Full membership of a recognized professional institution i.e. CIMA/ACCA/CA/CIS.
- A minimum of five (5) years' managerial experience at senior level.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to develop, evaluate and interpret financial/management accounts.
- Must have a solid finance and tax background.
- Must have sound knowledge of relevant accounting packages and be highly computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected salary and benefits to:
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue, corner Third Street
P.O. Box 10559,
NB: The MCAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe does not charge any fees to respondents to this advertisement nor to those who become successful. Applicants are advised to deal with caution if approached in regard to any offer to facilitate the applications process.
Deadline: 31 March 2023