Health Promotion Officer (Grade: 8)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced employees to fill in the above vacant position.
Reports To: Senior Health Promotion Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes, manages and maintains a fully functional Health education, promotion and wellness unit at district level.
- Designs, produces and distributes information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
- Conducts operational research for problem prioritisation.
- Designs and implements strategies for the intergration of health education, promotion and wellness into all health programs.
- Conducts advocacy meetings with staff, stakeholders, community opinion leaders and partners.
- Conducts and manages health education and promotion programs.
- Compiles district monthly, quartely and annual reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Health Education and Health Promotion.
- Masters in Health Promotion/Public Health related post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Registration certificate Valid practising certificate.
- At least 3years as a Health Promotion Officer.
- I ntergrity Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance Attention to detail.
- Good report writing skills.
- A competetive salary comensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
How to Apply
Written applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Educational and Professional Certificates should be submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.0 Box 1680,
Rowan Martin Building
OR Hand deliver to Records office, Basement, Rowan Martin Building
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits which will be disclosed at the interview.
Deadline: 24 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
City of Harare
Harare City Council is an administrative body tasked with providing services for residence of Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe.