Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing information and communication technology infrastructure and operations.
- Planning and recommending suitable technologies and systems to meet the Institute’s needs.
- Monitoring the performance of information technology systems and making recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership in the development of an Institute Wide Information Security Program to help identify, report and control security incidents, monitoring threats and taking preventive measures to mitigate risks, mentoring and training security staff and communicating continuously.
- Researching and evaluating new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades.
- Preparing, maintaining, and keeping updated full documentation of internal systems, ICT processes and procedures and operational budgets.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters Degree in Information Systems or equivalent from a recognised University.
- At least five (5) years of strong hands-on experience in systems administration, information security, databases, computer networking and endpoint security in a higher education environment.
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Strong project management, decision-making, communication, problem-solving and excellent written and oral skills, as well as interpersonal and organisational skills would be required.
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends would also be of paramount importance.
- Information Security qualification, preferably CEH will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Linux and Network Administration.
- Membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.hit.ac.zw/job/ict-manager-1-post/
Deadline: 06 April 2023