Innovation Lead: Natural Products And Drug Discovery (Research And Innovation Department)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging directly and proactively with academic departments, industry and community to scout for/identify intellectual property with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Supporting and coordinating the development of innovation outputs, incubation and commercialization of university intellectual property.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of innovation projects that are consistent with the University’s ambition to produce goods and services for economic growth.
- Assisting in turning concepts into revenue-generating products.
- Supporting the incubation of innovative projects at the University’s Innovation Hub.
- Proactively supporting the development of partnerships, programmes and projects in collaboration with business, industry and other third parties in support of the University’s strategic objectives for commercialization of research and innovation outputs.
- Providing regular strategic reports and recommendations detailing ongoing and potential innovations as well as identified opportunities.
- Providing coherent, high quality and effective services to all key internal and external customers.
- Performing other related duties, as assigned by the Innovation Hub Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree or its equivalent in the desired field from an accredited institution.
- A relevant first degree in the desired field.
- Experience in interacting with students and/or teaching and learning, and research processes at University level.
- A demonstrated experience in product development.
- Proven track record in multidisciplinary research, collaboration and/or management of partnerships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Bindura University of Science Education is a Zimbabwean university offering courses within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce and Social Sciences.
Address: 741 Chimurenga road, Bindura