Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post. (National Pathology Research And Diagnostic Centre).
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake radiographic and ultrasound duties within the Department within the agreed scope of practice for this role.
- To assist the Radiologists/ Radiographers/Radiology Nurses during patient examinations in the Radiology Department
- To be responsible for the care and comfort of the patient whilst in the Department and throughout their examination.
- To ensure a high-quality patient focused professional service is delivered at all times.
- To undertake any tasks for which you have been trained to do, although normally performed by support staff, which include Helper or Clerical duties as necessary
- To be responsible for and ensure the care and comfort of the patient whilst in the department and during the examination.
- To be responsible for the care and ensure cleanliness and superficial maintenance of ultrasound and X-ray equipment and accessories.
- To report any breakdown or malfunction of equipment immediately to the lead radiographer and/or the Duty Superintendent.
- To ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained in each work area to enable an efficient service to be maintained.
- To be aware of and comply with systems of work, local rules and policies and procedures in accordance with current ionizing radiation regulations, ensuring the highest standards of radiation protection for staff, patients and visitors.
- To be aware of and comply with systems of work, local rules and policies and procedures ensuring a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors
- To assist in the implementation and maintenance of a quality assurance program within the department.
- To assist in ensuring that clinical and other information records within the department are full and accurately completed in a timely manner by staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bsc/Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- At least 1 year of experience.
- Experience with MRI equipment is an added advantage.
- Registered with the AHPCZ with a valid current practicing certificate.
- Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. More details including salary, benefits and other conditions of service will be communicated to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
- Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
- Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Deadline: 31 March 2023