The CATALYST Study (Catalyzing access to new prevention products to stop HIV) is a multi-year, multi-country study seeking to understand the feasibility and acceptability of providing new options for HIV prevention. The study involves both quantitative and qualitative methods also include an implementation component. This posting is for a Nurse who will provide SRH and HIV prevention health services to females using HIV prevention methods (Chitungwiza 1, Beitbridge 1).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of Sister In Charge, the Project Nurse will be mainly responsible for ensuring the delivery of adolescent and youth friendly primary care, HIV and SRH service to study clients presenting to the facility.
- Providing HIV testing and counselling services to adolescents and young people.
- Entering HTS data in HIV registers.
- Providing PrEP services (Screening, Initiation and Counselling)
- Screening, counselling and management of STIs.
- Screening, counselling and providing contraception.
- Treatment of minor ailments.
- Providing psychosocial support to young people.
- Referrals to other health service providers.
- Maintaining clinical inventory and stock cards.
- Preparing monthly work plan.
- Compilation and submission of weekly reports.
- Registration and compliance to regulatory boards.
- Attending and participating in stakeholders’ meetings and presenting progress reports.
- Interaction with organizations and government departments.
- Sensitization of local community leaders about study activities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Registered General Nurse with a Diploma/Degree in General Nursing or Primary Care Nurse with a Certificate in Nursing.
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe and in possession of a valid practising certificate.
- Valid Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling.
- A post-basic qualification is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience as a Registered General Nurse and 2 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV.
- Candidates with qualifications and experience in counselling services have an added advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYWs).
- Knowledge of the National HIV prevention guidelines and EDLIZ.
- Familiar with national guidelines, SOPs and protocols, especially for HIV and SRH service.
How to Apply
Suitably qualifying candidates can send their Curriculum Vitae and Application to: email@example.com , indicate on the email subject line your preferred work station.
Deadline: 02 April 2023