Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Management of Investment Portfolio.
- Government grants accounting and reconciliations.
- Validate traveling and subsistence documents.
- Maintain a report of all telegraphic transfers and acquittals.
- Preparation of cashflow projections.
- Prepare monthly ledger reconciliations.
- Check all journals to be posted in the system.
- Run monthly trial balance.
- Check all year end schedules.
- Prepare year end audit program and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Accounting.
- Master in Accounting.
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA / CIMA / CA / CGIAZ / CPA an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution.
- At least five (5) years of accounting experience.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
NB: The successful candidate may be deployed to any of the University Campuses. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Deadline: 24 March 2023