Protocol Officer (Grade: G3/G4)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant posts that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
Reports To: Chief Legal & Corporate Services Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination, development and implementation of protocol policies and protocol procedures for the Commission.
- To liaise with the Commission, management and relevant departments in the planning and hosting of events by the Commission.
- Facilitate the processing of identity cards for dignitaries attending ZHRC functions.
- Provide protocol services toincomingancioutooinq dignitariesinvited by the.Commission.
- Provide the Commission with professional advice/guidance on protocol issues and logistics relating to high-level visits and events.
- Conduct research on protocol issues and share knowledge on the same.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain visas, permits and any other relevant clearances for incoming dignitaries.
- Maintain a contact database for relevant stakeholders.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by Chief Legal and Corporate Servicers Officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in International Relations/Public Administration/Public Relations or equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 year experience of working in a similar position.
- Knowledge of providing protocol services.
- Must be a person of high integrity, ethical, honest and responsible person Excellent knowledge and understanding of protocol matters.
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking. Good negotiation, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Human Resources Director,
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission, 144 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare OR
- Bulawayo office, 46 Park Road, Suburbs, Opp. Bulawayo Polytechnic Main Gate, Bulawayo OR
- Mutare Office, 59 Second Street, PREMCO Building, 2nd Floor, Mutare OR
- Masvingo Office, Chiefs Hall, Masvingo.
E-mail application t: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be responded to. NB: Applicants should indicate the post applied for on the envelopes and email subject. "The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights-based approaches to recruitment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply".
Deadline: 26 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC)
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights.