Applications are invited for the above senior position that has arisen in the University (Research, Innovation And Business Development).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating a conducive environment for innovation by developing structures and processes to promote innovation.
- Promoting an innovation culture, where he/she works to persuade and disseminate the necessary knowledge of innovation.
- Identifying, leading and managing innovative approaches to business challenges and work with teams across the innovation hub to deliver customer centric products and services that generate revenue and profits for the hub.
- Ensuring insights and analysis of the environment in which the hub currently operates, and may operate in the future, are brought into consideration and used effectively to help respond to societal needs.
- Leading new thinking and nurture new ideas from concept, through pilot and into mainstream activity.
- Facilitating intellectual property registration for innovators Chief Executive Officer.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Master's degree in a technical field or business sciences. A PhD will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have a strong, background in research and innovation and at least five years of experience in a research environment or as a senior academic.
- Knowledge on patenting rights is a requirement.
- Applicants should possess good communication and report writing skills and experience of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- The incumbent should also have significant experience in management, prioritization, balancing competing demands and delivering in line with objectives and quality.
- Experience in using insights and analysis of competitor activity to generate - strategic approaches, and using insight and evidence to influence organizational direction and action is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application: Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of ti qualifications, experience, current salary, date of availability and names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should e addressed to:
The Registrar - Chinhoyi University of Technology,
Private Bag 7724,
Telephone No: (0267) 2129457
Or Apply online to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Documents should be sent as a SINGLE PDF document).
NB: Applicants who do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified. Details on salary, allowances and other benefits shall be disclosed to shortlisted candidates ONLY.
Deadline: 07 April 2023