Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise repair and maintenance of farm's fleet, equipment, engines, boreholes and farm structures.
- Coordinate servicing of all tractors, equipment, vehicles, ensure safe custody of workshop materials and records.
- Identifying and ordering routine service kits.
- Maintaining all breakdowns on pivots, pumps and equipment.
- Coordinating regular trainings to equipment handlers on fair use from time to time.
- Participating in income generating projects at the Centre for Agricultural Engineering and Technology.
- Ensuring that the Workshop complies with all relevant statutory regulations.
- Undertaking any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least a National Certificate in Machine Shop Engineering and the incumbent should have at least 3 Years of Working Experience.
- A class one Fitter Machinist will be an added advantage.
- Information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications which should include the application letter, certified copies of certificates, national identification and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees. Applications in envelopes clearly indicating post applied for should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
P.O. Box 35
OR Hand Deliver to:
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
15 Longlands Road
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University does not charge applicants a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not have Agents who receive applications on its behalf.
Deadline: 05 April 2023