x6 Human Rights Officer: Administrative Justice (Grade: G3/G4)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant posts that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
Reports To: Provincial Human Rights Officer AJ
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive complaints of maladministration and interview complainants to establish the admissibility of the case to determine course of action.
- Investigate maladministration cases and make appropriate recommendations.
- Draft legal opinion after determining the course of action for review and approval by the responsible Provincial Human Rights Officer.
- Draft concept note, discussion points, speeches and funding proposals for the Unit.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Administrative Justice reports.
- Provides input into internal and external resource materials including information, education and communication (IEC) materials.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Law, Social Sciences, Development Studies and Social Work from a recognized institution.
- At least one years' experience in human rights and development work.
- Have an understanding of the legal framework governing human rights institutions.
- Knowledgeable and conversantwith international human rights treaties, international human rights systems including continental, regional and national human rights" protective mechanisms.
- Must have strong report writing skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Aptitude forworking with computers.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Human Resources Director,
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission, 144 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare OR
- Bulawayo office, 46 Park Road, Suburbs, Opp. Bulawayo Polytechnic Main Gate, Bulawayo OR
- Mutare Office, 59 Second Street, PREMCO Building, 2nd Floor, Mutare OR
- Masvingo Office, Chiefs Hall, Masvingo.
E-mail application t: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be responded to. NB: Applicants should indicate the post applied for on the envelopes and email subject. "The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights-based approaches to recruitment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply".
Deadline: 26 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC)
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights.