Pepsi begins building factory in Harare6 years ago
Pepsi has begun construction of a factory that will make drinks in Zimbabwe. The bottling plant is estimated to be a $30 million investment and is one the the largest inflow of money into the country in recent years. The factory is expected to be running by April next year.
Some things to note:
- The construction started in Mid september
- The plant is being built in Ardbennie, Harare.
- The factory will employ about 400 Zimbabweans
- The venture is a partnership between Varun Beverages, and local businessman Adam Molai. Varun Beverages is the subsidiary of Indian based RJ Corp, which represents Pepsi internationally.
- Pepsi will create competition to Delta Beverages which is the largest producer of drinks Zimbabwe right now.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.