Five things you probably did not know about Winky D6 years ago
Winky D was born today. Here are five interesting facts about him you probably did not know:
- He went to Rukudzo Primary School and later Kambuzuma High 1 School.
- When he was 16, he performed at the Ghetto Lane Clashes which were DJ battles meant to showcase the best emerging talent. He instantly made fans as he continued participating in similar platforms. It was from these shows where he earned the name ‘Wicked Deejay’ which was shortened Winky D for his powerful lyrics.
- The song Disappear topped charts in Zimbabwe and was also in the BBC Radio 1 Extra Destination Africa Top 5.
- Winky was endorsed to be the goodwill ambassador of the PSI Zimbabwe in the male circumcision campaign in 2011. He has appered on various television commercials and on radio stations campaigning for male circumcision as part of the organisation’s agenda to reduce HIVand AIDS.
- His young brother is Trevor Chirumiko who is affectionately known as Layan who is a producer and presenter
Read more on Winky D HERE