HomePolitics

Gutu Says He Has Been Receiving Death Threats, Reveals Robbers Broke Into His Premises

6 years agoThu, 03 May 2018 23:57:09 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Gutu Says He Has Been Receiving Death Threats, Reveals Robbers Broke Into His Premises

Obert Gutu, the spokesperson for the breakaway MDC-T party under Thokozani Khupe has revealed that his offices were broken into by at least 10 robbers. Gutu also revealed that he has been receiving death threats although he declined to speculate on the possible motive of the attempted robbery.

Said Gutu on his Facebook page,

There was a break-in at Negona Chambers around midnight on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. More than 10 burglars armed with iron bars broke into our premises and severely assaulted the security guard who was on duty. The guard suffered very serious head injuries and we evacuated him to a local hospital for emergency medical treatment.

The thugs vandalised the outside alarm system sensors and they also broke the kitchen door using iron bars. The timeous arrival of two Safeguard Security reaction teams saved our security guard’s life since he had been left for dead. The thugs ran away without stealing anything. Over the past few months, I have been receiving death threats on my mobile phone from several South African-registered mobile phone numbers

Police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said she was not aware of the matter, although she said a thorough investigation will be conducted if the matter was reported to the police.

Latest Samsung Galaxy A05s available on Pindula:
128GB storage, 6GB RAM

$148 USD

WhatsApp +263715068543

More: Chronicle

Tags

0 Comments

Leave a Comment


Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals
Feedback