"Marry Mubaiwa-Chiwenga Isn't Capable To Stand Trial," - Lawyers3 years ago
Mtetwa & Nyambirai Legal Practitioners, lawyers representing Marry Chiwenga nee Mubaiwa, the estranged wife of Vice President Constantino Chiwenga have claimed that their client is not fit to stand trial due to her physical condition.
This was revealed in Mubaiwa’s bail application papers which revealed that she needs medical attention.
An affidavit by Dr Admire Jira that was attached to the application stated:
Marry Mubaiwa is not capable to stand trial due to her current physical condition.
She should be in hospital on treatment, preferably Avenues Clinic.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
Marry Mubaiwa should be under the care of a physician, surgeon and psychiatrist of her choice.
Mubaiwa is reported to have:
- Been traumatised,
- Lost considerable weight,
- Been injured in Bulawayo on June 23, 2018, by a hand-held grenade thrown with the intention of assassinating President Mnangagwa,
- A fever and has difficulties in breathing,
- A wound on her left forearm tender measuring 10cm in length and 5cm in width,
- A wound on the right forearm measuring 8cm by 5cm,
- Flashbacks and
- Lack of sleep.
She is in remand prison until 30 December for externalising US$1 033 000, laundering US$990 000 and fraudulently seeking to upgrade her customary union to a civil marriage without her husband’s consent.
More: The Herald