USA Cautions Its Citizens To "Exercise Caution In Light Of Continued Protests" In India
The United States government has warned its citizens residing in or intending to visit India to be extra vigilant as protests in that country continue.
There are protests in India over the contentious new citizenship law that is said to be marginalising Muslims.
In a statement, the USA said that the Indian government had “imposed law that prohibits political gatherings of four or more people – known as Section 144” It also revealed that the internet could be intermittent.
The USA also advised its citizens to take the following courses of action:
- Avoid areas with demonstrations and civil disturbances.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Notify Friends and family of your safety.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
More: US Embassy And Consulates In India