Namibia Suspends Flights To & From Qatar, Ethiopia And Germans For 30 Days, Bans Public Gatherings
The Namibian Government in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus has decided to put the following precautionary measures in place according to the Namibian President On Twitter:
- The Independence Celebrations that were scheduled for Independence Stadium are called off. However, the swearing-in-ceremony will take place at the State House.
- The financial outlay for Independence Celebrations will be diverted to the fight against the Coronavirus.
- The Namibian Government is suspending inbound and outbound travel to and from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany with immediate effect for a period of 30 days.
- All big gatherings are suspended for a period of 30 days.
- Lockdown of Windhoek Gymnasium with immediate effect for a period of two weeks
- Suspension of all travels by Namibian government officials, including State-Owned Enterprises
Meanwhile, COVID-19 has killed close to 5000 people since its outbreak in December 2019.