SA Announces List Of Clothing That Can Be Sold Under Level 4 Of Lockdown
South Africa’s Trade and Industry department has gazetted a list of winter clothing, footwear and bedding that may be sold during level four of the lockdown.
The new rules were published on Tuesday night by Trade, Industry and Competition Minister Ebrahim Patel.
The new rules apply immediately and are specific to Level 4.
Below is a summary of the types of clothing that can be sold:
- Baby and toddler clothing and footwear.
- Children’s wear, including schoolwear and school shoes.
- Maternity wear – adult sleepwear and gowns.
- Adult underwear.
- A range of adult footwear categories, including boots, slippers, sneakers and trainers.
- Adult outerwear categories, including activewear, knitwear, jackets and coats.
- Adult accessories and bedding categories, including baby bedding and blankets, duvets, blankets, and electric blankets.
The list of winter goods includes all baby and toddler clothing, maternity wear and bedding accessories.