Some Of The Main Points Raised In Tsenengamu's Press Statement
Here are some of the main points extracted from the press statement issued by ousted ZANU PF Youth League Political Commissar, Godfrey Tsenengamu
- Land – Land reform benefited a few individuals in the ruling ZANU PF.
- Corruption – Political elites, participate in and or support corruption which is systemic and systematic. Corruption has resulted in the demise of the economy and as a result, the general populace lives in abject poverty.
- Economic Empowerment – The government has often promised to but is not willing and will not empower the citizenry since the empowered masses are a threat to the interests of political elites.
- National Resources – National are continuously being looted by foreigners who get protection from the state. It is not surprising that all communities where natural resources are being extracted are underdeveloped as little to nothing is being given back to society.
- Transparency and Accountability – There are many deals that have been signed by government officials on behalf of the nation but the populace is not even aware of the deals because it was not consulted. The secrecy surrounding the deals makes one wonder how much are the costs or benefits associated with the said transactions.
- Leadership capture – The leadership in the country has been captured by cartels who own the means of production. Therefore, they just watch as the nation is robbed of its resources.
- Unemployment and Poverty – High unemployment rates which contribute to poverty in the country.
- Currency reforms – No economic revolution will succeed when there is a currency crisis.
- Sanctions – There is no justification for the imposition of sanctions on public institutions because they affect the general populace.
- Misplaced priorities – The government spends on unnecessary things
- Labour – The working class has been for long been neglected.
- Youth, Women and Students
Tsenengmu proposed that the citizenry comes together and take charge of its destiny and make things happen. He added that it is either unity or the status quo.