UEFA Champions League Provisional Dates Announced
UEFA has announced the provisional dates for the 2020/2021 UEFA Champions League. It also announced that the group stage draw will take place from 17:00 CET on Thursday 1 October at the at the RTS studios in Geneva and it will be streamed live on UEFA.com.
Below are the teams that will be participating in the draw:
ESP (4): Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, Sevilla
ENG (4): Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea
ITA (4): Juventus, Inter, Atalanta, Lazio
GER (4): Bayern, Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Mönchengladbach
FRA (3): Paris Saint-Germain, Marseille, Rennes
RUS (2): Zenit, Lokomotiv Moskva
POR (1): Porto
BEL (1): Club Brugge
UKR (1): Shakhtar Donetsk
TUR (1): İstanbul Başakşehir
NED (1): Ajax
2020/21 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CALENDAR
What are the draw pots?
Sevilla (ESP, UEFA Europa League holders)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Barcelona (ESP) coefficient 128.000
Atlético de Madrid (ESP) 127.000
Manchester City (ENG) 116.000
Manchester United (ENG) 100.000
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) 85.000
Dortmund (GER) 85.000
Chelsea (ENG) 83.000
Ajax (NED) 69.500
Pot 3 or 4
RB Leipzig (GER) 49.000
Inter (ITA) 44.000
Lazio (ITA) 41.000
Atalanta (ITA) 35.500
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) 33.000
Marseille (FRA) 31.000
Club Brugge (BEL) 28.500
Mönchengladbach (GER) 26.000
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) 21.500
Rennes (FRA) 14.000
Six further teams will qualify via the play-offs.
Club coefficients are determined either by the sum of all points won in the previous five years or by the association coefficient over the same period – whichever is higher.
How does the draw work?
- The 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage will be joined by the six winners of the play-off ties played on 22/23 and 29/30 September.
- The teams will be split into four seeding pots. Pot 1 consists of the holders, the UEFA Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations who did not qualify via one of the 2019/20 titles . Pots 2 to 4 are determined by the club coefficient rankings.
- No team can play a club from their own association, with the exact draw procedure to be confirmed before the ceremony.
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year
- UEFA Women’s Player of the Year
- UEFA Men’s Coach of the Year
- UEFA Women’s Coach of the Year
- Goalkeeper of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League season
- Defender of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League season
- Midfielder of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League season
- Forward of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League season
- Goalkeeper of the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League season
- Defender of the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League season
- Midfielder of the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League season
- Forward of the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League season
Matchday 1: 20/21 October
Matchday 2: 27/28 October
Matchday 3: 3/4 November
Matchday 4: 24/25 November
Matchday 5: 1/2 December
Matchday 6: 8/9 December
Draws are provisional and are subject to final confirmation from UEFA.