WATCH: Zhuwao Speaks On Uncle Robert Mugabe's Exhumation2 years ago
The late former president Robert Mugabe’s nephew, Patrick Zhuwao has linked the planned exhumation of his uncle to the 2023 elections adding that President Emmerson Mnangagwa was behind the exhumation.
He said Mnangagwa believes that Mugabe was buried with a sceptre, a staff or wand held in the hand by a ruling monarch as an item of royal or imperial insignia.
The former Youth Minister alleges that Mnangagwa believes that the governance of Zimbabwe is determined by 16 traditional leaders who handed it over to president Mugabe.
Zhuwao speaks when the former first lady, Grace Mugabe has been summoned to appear at the court of Chief Zvimba over allegations that she buried her late husband improperly.
Mugabe was buried at his rural home in Zvimba although the Mnangagwa-led government had pushed to have him buried at the National Heros Acre.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
The state had even constructed a mausoleum for him.
The summons say Mugabe’s exhumation has to be conducted for proper burial to take place. Watch below for more.
- “Robert Mugabe Must Be Reburied,” Grace Summoned To Court
- CIO Operation In Motion To Exhume & Rebury Mugabe – Mawarire
- Fresh War Over Mugabe Final Resting Place
- Biti: I Predicted Mugabe’s True Value Will Reflect When He’s Dead
- Kutama Villagers Feast On Mugabe’s US$1 Million ‘Retirement Savings’
- Mugabe’s Nephew Says Army Is Using ZANU PF As A Cover
- Mugabe Was Better Than His Successor, Says Former Mnangagwa Loyalist