No Plans For Lockdown But Remain Cautious - Mangwana
The Secretary of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services, Nick Mangwana has said the government has no plans to impose another national lockdown contrary to reports circulating on social media.
Mangwana said the government had no such plans at the moment adding, however, that the nation must guard against complacency. Pindula News present Mangwana’s statement below.
_We have been made aware of circulating messages claiming that there is an impending lockdown. There are no such current plans. Let’s remain cautious and take all protective measures, get vaccinated and encourage each other to do the same. Enjoy your weekend Beloveds._Feedback
- 15 Deportees From Botswana Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus /COVID-19 Update – 04 June 2021
- Namibia’s President And First Lady Contract Coronavirus
- ‘Zimbabwe Contains Indian Coronavirus Variant’
- 94 Bondolfi Teachers’ College Students Contract Coronavirus
- Zimbabwe Hit By Coronavirus Vaccines Shortage
- VP Chiwenga Announces Localised 14-day Lockdown For Kwekwe
- Protest Over Kwekwe Lockdown After COVID-19 Scare
Mangwana speaks as the Minister of Health and Child Care, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga recently imposed a lockdown on Kwekwe in Midlands after a coronavirus scare.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
A businessman in the gold mining town had died after contracting the B.1.617 coronavirus variant that was first detected in India which is famed for spreading more and more rapidly.
The remarks come as Zimbabwe is slowly and cautiously reopening the economy following a year of recurring coronavirus-induced lockdowns that left businesses bleeding.
The largest labour union in the country, The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) was sceptical of Mangwana saying the government usually says the opposite of what’s on the ground.
More: Pindula News
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals