Authorities Criticise 'DNA Man' Tinashe Mugabe Over Public Paternity Disclosures
The Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe (MLCSCZ) has raised concern over the operations of Global DNA Zimbabwe and Expedite DNA Zimbabwe.
Global DNA Zimbabwe run by Tinashe Mugabe, and Expedite DNA Zimbabwe under Jane’s stewardship, conduct paternity tests and release the results on public platforms such as radio and television.
In a statement, MLCSCZ condemned the two organisations over their “unethical practice on the poor and the marginalised population” and urged the general public not to be coerced into revealing their paternity results.
It also said Mugabe and Jane were not registered as members of the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe nor sister Health Profession Councils in Zimbabwe. The MLCSCZ statement read in part:
- Global DNA Zimbabwe and Expedite DNA Zimbabwe are registered with Council as DNA collection sites and not testing sites.
- According to the Health Professions Act, a medical laboratory test is requested by qualified and registered clinicians.
- Upon successful completion of the testing process, the test results are sent back to the requesting clinicians who are qualified to advise patients and clients in an ethical manner.
- Professional Code of Conducts of various health professionals in Zimbabwe clearly states that divulging either orally or in writing, any information concerning a patient/client test result ought not to be divulged to third parties except where so required by law.
- Mr Tinashe Mugabe of Global DNA of The Closure DNA Show and Jane of Expedite DNA Zimbabwe Tilder Live Zim Show are not registered members of the Medical Laboratory & Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe nor sister Health Professional Councils in Zimbabwe.
- Mr Tinashe Mugabe and Jane are not professionally qualified nor competent to issue those test results.
- Therefore, the Medical Laboratory & Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe condemns such unethical practices on the poor and the marginalised population by Global DNA Zimbabwe and Expedite DNA Zimbabwe.
- The Medical Laboratory & Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe urges the Zimbabwean population not to be coerced into receiving Paternity results in such an unprofessional manner.
More: Pindula News
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v