Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 25 To 27 November 20211 year ago
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2021.
The cloud system which is affecting all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and northern areas of Manicaland Province resulted in scattered thunderstorms yesterday.
The following were the notable falls: 46mm (Henderson), 42mm (Bindura) and 20mm (Karoi).
This morning, light drizzle occurred in Matabeleland South, Masvingo and southern areas of Manicaland.
Meanwhile, the atmosphere is drying out from the west.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2021
It should be mostly cloudy with scattered afternoon thunderstorms over Harare Metropolitan Province, all the Mashonaland Provinces and the northern part of Manicaland Province.
Matabeleland North and the northern parts of Midlands provinces should be mostly sunny and hot with chances of afternoon outbreaks of thundershowers.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces should be mostly cloudy and cool in the morning with chances of drizzle, becoming warm as the day progresses.
- Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 21/35)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with chances of a shower (Temperatures – 25/36)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 16/26)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy with chances of morning drizzle – 12/20)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 12/22)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 16/29)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 13/23)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2021
Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces should be briefly cloudy and cool in the morning, becoming sunny and warm by the afternoon.
Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, Matabeleland North Province and northern areas of Midlands Province are expected to be mostly sunny and hot with a chance of a shower in the afternoon, though mild in the morning.
All Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and the northern parts of Manicaland Province are expected to be partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms. It should be cool in the morning, becoming warm as the day progresses.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department