Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 06 To 08 July 20221 year ago
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 06 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 08 JULY 2022.
There was fog in Mukandi and moderate ground frost in Nyanga, Henderson, Marondera and Matopos. Meanwhile, winds over the southeast coast of Southern Africa are beginning to strengthen.
However, they have little moisture as their trajectory (or path) is more over land.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 07 JULY 2022
Windy and cool conditions by day are anticipated in Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces; with brief cloudy periods being probable in districts such as Beitbridge, Chiredzi and Chipinge.
All other areas (Matabeleland North, Midlands, Harare and Bulawayo Metropolitan as well as all Mashonaland Provinces) are expected to have mostly clear skies and mild daytime conditions with a light breeze time and again.
Countrywide cold conditions are anticipated both morning and overnight with a ground frost in wind-shielded areas.
- Windy conditions, coupled with cold mornings and evenings may affect the body’s health, with colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations. Crops may be affected by ground frost in frost-prone areas.
- The wind factor and current dry vegetative state increase the propagation of veldt fires.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight.
- If braziers are to be used to keep warm, please ensure the room is well ventilated as these have the potential of causing carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
- Consider frost mitigation measures such as irrigating overnight.
- Do not start any open and uncontrolled fires as these may lead to the destruction of flora and fauna.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first – (Temperatures – 07/26)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and mild – (Temperatures – 10/27)
- Great Zimbabwe: Windy and cool (Temperatures – 05/23)
- Nyanga: Windy and cool (Temperatures – 00/19)
- Vumba: Windy and cool (Temperatures – 07/22)
- Matopos: Windy and cool (Temperatures – -02/22)
- Chimanimani: Windy and cool (Temperatures – 09/20)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 08 JULY 2022
Cold morning conditions are anticipated across the country with a ground frost in wind-shielded areas.
It should be windy and cool by day in Bulawayo, southern parts of the Midlands (Zvishavane through to Gweru), Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces; with clouds slowly drifting in through districts such as Beitbridge, Chiredzi and Chipinge.
Mostly sunny and mild daytime conditions are expected in all other areas (Matabeleland North, northern areas of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces) with a light breeze time and again.