President Mnangagwa Appoints New ZEC Commissioners1 year ago
President Emmerson Mnangagwa has sworn in six new Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) commissioners who replaced the previous commissioners whose terms of office expired on 6 July.
The six new commissioners were sworn in by President Mnangagwa at State House on Thursday morning.
The new ZEC commissioners are Catherine Mpofu, Abigail Millicent Mohadi Ambrose, Janet Mbetu Nzvenga, Kudzai Shava, Rosewita Marutare and Shepherd Manhivi.
The outgoing commissioners are Joyce Kazembe, Daniel Chigaru, Sibongile Ndlovu, Netsai Mushonga, Ngoni Kundidzora and Faith Sebata.
Who are the six new commissioners?
- Commissioner Kudzai Shava holds a Doctor of Philosophy Specialising in Disability Studies, and a Master of Arts Specialising in Disability Studies, among other qualifications. Shava is a disability rights advocate who served the country in both the public & civil society sectors
- Commissioner Shepherd Manhivi is a registered Legal Practioner with two additional degrees Bsc Hons Administration and an MSc International Relations all the 3 qualifications obtained from the University of Zimbabwe. He has 13 years of experience in public administration.
- Commissioner Cathrine Mpofu is a Language, Communications Specialist and Peace Practitioner. She holds eleven years of experience working with the public, media and civic society from the Legislative Arm of the State. She worked as a Manager Healing and Reconciliation and Rehabilitation at the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission. She holds a Master’s Degree in Peace, Leadership and Conflict Resolution among other qualifications
- Commissioner Abigail Millicent Mohadi Ambrose is an accountant by profession. Also passionately involved in philanthropic work.
- Commissioner Rosewita Murutare is Social Scientist with experience in Community Health, Community Research and Gender equity. Previously worked with ZichiRe. Holds an MSc in Population Studies (UZ), BSc in Geography and Environmental Studies (MSU), and Diploma in Education (GTC).
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.