Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 16 To 18 September 20221 year ago
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2022.
It was cool in the morning with clear skies and slight haze across the country though warm by midday. Slight ground frost occurred at Nyanga. Meanwhile, dry air continues to dominate much of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2022
Clear skies and cool morning conditions are expected countrywide with a slight haze. It should be warm by the afternoon. Ground frost is probable in frost-prone areas like Nyanga and Matopos.
FIRE SEASON: Dry and windy conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires
- While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
- Farmers are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and hot – (Temperatures – 13/32)
- Kariba: Sunny and hot – (Temperatures – 20/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Sunny and hot (Temperatures – 08/28)
- Nyanga: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 04/22)
- Vumba: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 09/26)
- Matopos: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 08/26)
- Chimanimani: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 11/26)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2022
All areas are expected to be mostly sunny with cool morning conditions and rather hazy. It should be warm by midday.