Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 01 To 03 December 2022
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Thursday 01 December 2022 valid until Saturday 03 December 2022:
The isolated thundershowers that were over northern parts of Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces, yesterday, did not amount to much. The highest amount was only 12mm at Mvurwi.
Meanwhile, the atmosphere continues becoming less moist, with sunny and warm conditions being experienced over much of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 02 DECEMBER 2022
Mostly clear skies are expected countrywide. It should be cool at first becoming hot by noon. Mild conditions are anticipated towards evening.
- Hot conditions increase the extent of evapotranspiration as well as dehydration.
- Those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded direct sunshine, especially in the noonday hours may be detrimental to health.
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Less precipitation is anticipated, and this will increase the need for crop monitoring for moisture stress, especially with tender shoots.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Wear a sunhat/sunscreen if you need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, especially during midday.
- Where moisture stress is noted please irrigate, it may occur less in plots where Pfumvudza/Intwasa was practiced.
- Fix rooftops and make sure roofing sheets are well secure during these sunny days.
- Where possible, install lightning conductors on buildings, schools, and homesteads.
- Always remember, when thunder roars it is best to be indoors.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SATURDAY 03 DECEMBER 2022
Sunny and hot conditions are expected in most parts of the country, though mild in the early morning hours and towards evening.
It should also become mild over provinces such as Matabeleland South and Masvingo, with a few scattered clouds anticipated.