Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 02 To 04 December 2022
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Friday 02 December 2022 valid until Sunday 04 December 2022:
It was mostly sunny and warm across much of the country, with north-easterly winds being predominant.
This brought in brief cloudy periods over the Eastern Highlands today and led to isolated thundershowers.
Meanwhile, it is becoming more humid over the southwest coast as a weak cloud system is approaching Matabeleland South Province from the west.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 03 DECEMBER 2022
It should be cool at first with clear skies being predominant. However, brief cloudy periods are anticipated over districts such as Bulilima, Mangwe, southern parts of Gwanda, and Beitbridge. These may be coupled with thunder and lightning as well as light showers.
All other areas (Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan, and all Mashonaland Provinces) should be hot and mostly sunny by day becoming mild towards evening.
- Hot conditions increase the extent of evapotranspiration as well as dehydration.
- Those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded direct sunshine, especially in the noonday hours may be detrimental to health.
- Less precipitation is anticipated, and this will increase the need for crop monitoring for moisture stress, especially with tender shoots.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Wear a sunhat/sunscreen if you need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, especially during midday.
- Where moisture stress is noted please irrigate, it may occur less in plots where Pfumvudza/Intwasa was practiced.
- Fix rooftops and make sure roofing sheets are well secure during these sunny days.
- Where possible, install lightning conductors on buildings, schools, and homesteads.
- Always remember, when thunder roars it is best to be indoors.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SUNDAY 04 DECEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy periods and isolated thundershowers are expected in Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, into the southern parts of Masvingo and Matabeleland North Provinces. Mild at first becoming warm later.
All other areas, namely Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces, should be sunny, humid and hot by day becoming mild overnight.