Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 08 To 10 December 2022
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Thursday 08 December 2022 valid until Saturday 10 December 2022:
Scattered thundershowers were experienced across the whole country yesterday, with generally light falls (less than 5mm).
Today, it was mild in the morning and became hot by noon as the atmosphere is drying out further from the south.
Thus, it was becoming less cloudy by afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 09 DECEMBER 2022
Isolated thunderstorms, coupled with brief cloudy and warm daytime conditions, are forecast for TOMORROW, FRIDAY 09 DECEMBER 2022 in areas to the north of the main watershed, namely Matebelaland North, northern parts of Midlands (Kwekwe to Gokwe), Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces with heavier downpours within the Zambezi Valley (Lake Kariba Area).
Windy and cool morning conditions are expected in Manicaland, Masvingo and Matabeleland South Provinces, with brief cloudy periods in Beitbridge and Chiredzi District. It should be warm by afternoon, becoming mild towards evening.
- Lightning is a major threat during this period, being inherent in thundershowers.
- Localized downpours are probable in places.
- Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors for at least 30 minutes after the thunderstorms have ended. These are precautionary measures to reduce the chances of being struck by lightning.
- Note that lightning can strike from a large distance; thus if you can hear thunder within 30 seconds of seeing lightning, then you are close enough to get struck. Go into a vehicle or a house.
- Avoid contact with water or metal objects including farming equipment when lightning is visible, even from a distance.
- Insure crops against adverse weather such as hailstorms.
- Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
- Keep hydrated,
- Wear a sun hat if sunny conditions are prevailing in your area.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SATURDAY 10 DECEMBER 2022
Mostly cloudy and warm conditions are expected in areas along the Zambezi Valley (Kariba, Binga and Hwange Districts) with thundershowers in places.
All other areas should be mostly sunny and warm, though mild both morning and evening.
Brief cloudy periods and an odd shower remain probable due to the influx of moisture, especially over the western parts of the country.