TIPS: How To Avoid Scams In the Recruitment Process For Healthcare Jobs In The UK
There is an influx in the number of Zimbabwean citizens applying for healthcare jobs in the United Kingdom.
However, the recruitment process, just like all arrangements, comes with the risk of scams and subsequently morden day slavery.
The UK government has for the umpteenth time warned healthcare job seekers to be on high alert for scams and morden day slavery.
Here are some tips (provided by the UK government) on how you can avoid scams and understand the recruitment process for healthcare jobs in the UK.
1. Make sure your agency is on the ‘ethical recruiters list’. You can check the list on this link.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
2. Do get a contract showing the salary, hours, location, and any repayment clauses. Make sure your employer sticks to that contract.
3. Be aware of signs of exploitation. These include little of not payment at all, being asked to repay large amounts of money, as well as working very long hours with no off days.
4. Do not apply for jobs which you feel are too good to be true.
5. Do not pay for an agency to find you work in the UK, it’s against the UK laws.
6. Do not be forced or threatened into signing a contract.
7. Understand your rights, do not accept threats of deportation from your employer.
If you feel that something is not right and sense the possibility of scams or morden day slavery, do not hesitate to report your concerns to the numbers below;
0300 123 1100 (within the UK)
+44 300 123 1100 (outside the UK)
You can also get help by calling the 24-hour morden slavery helpline
0800 0121 700 (Withing the UK)
+44 800 0121 700 (outside the UK)