MSD Weather Report & Forecast: 01 To 03 March 2023
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Wednesday 01 March 2023 valid until Friday 03 March 2023:
Cloudy and mild conditions persisted in the Northern, Southern and Eastern parts of the country that is; All Mashonaland Provinces, Manicaland Province and Masvingo Province.
This in turn resulted in isolated thunderstorms in All Mashonaland Provinces (Kanyemba 11mm), light rain in the Manicaland Province (Chipinge 15mm, Nyanga 13mm) and a mixture of rain and showers in Masvingo Province (Bikita 23mm, Masvingo 22mm) and Matabeleland South Provinces.
Showers were dominant in Midlands (Shurugwi 17mm, Kwekwe 16mm) and Matabeleland North Provinces with isolated thunderstorms occurring in Victoria Falls
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 02 MARCH 2023
Cloudy and wet conditions are expected in Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces, with light and intermittent rain. Matabeleland North, Harare Metropolitan, Midlands Provinces and All Mashonaland Provinces, should be briefly cloudy with chances of afternoon thundershowers.
Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan Provinces should experience clear skies at first becoming cloudy and mild by midday.
- Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
- Temperature fluctuations may affect vulnerable members of society.
- Rain may affect plans in some areas. Plan with the weather in mind
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
- Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
- When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
- Ensure that the elderly and young are kept warm, especially towards evening in Provinces such as Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR FRIDAY 03 MARCH 2023
A general reduction in rainfall and cloud cover is expected in most parts of the country. This will result in an overall increase in temperature with the only decrease being anticipated in Victoria falls and the Zambezi Valley. Slightly less windy conditions are expected in Matabeleland South.
More Pindula News