MSD Weather Report & Forecast: 02 To 04 March 2023
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Thursday 02 March 2023 valid until Saturday 04 March 2023:
Yesterday’s rainfall was confined to the Eastern half of the country due to the low-pressure system in the Mozambican channel.
This saw Mutema (Chipinge) station recording the highest amount of Rainfall of (43mm) followed by Chisengu with (29mm), as well as in the western areas of Matabeleland North where isolated thunderstorms were experienced due to a trough that is touching areas around the Capirivi strip.
In Matabeleland North, precipitation was only recorded at Victoria Falls
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 03 MARCH 2023
Cloudy and mild morning conditions are expected in Masvingo, Mashonaland East and Manicaland Provinces with light rain in places.
It should become partly cloudy and slightly warmer by late afternoon. Matabeleland North as well as Mashonaland West and Central Provinces are anticipated to be briefly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms. Warm by day and mild towards evening.
All other areas, that is; Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Harare Metropolitan Provinces should be mostly sunny and warm, though brief cloudy periods and odd showers remain probable due to stray pockets of moisture.
- Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
- Temperature fluctuations may affect vulnerable members of society.
- Rain may affect plans in some areas. Plan with the weather in mind.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
- Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicle & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
- When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
- Ensure that the elderly and young are kept warm, especially towards evening in Provinces such as Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SATURDAY 04 MARCH 2023
Mashonaland east and northern areas of Manicaland province should be briefly cloudy and warm with afternoon thunderstorms.
Mostly sunny conditions are expected in all other parts of the country. Warm during the day, but mild in the morning and evening.
More Pindula News