President Ramaphosa Names New Cabinet Ministers
The president of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, Monday named new cabinet ministers in a bid to address the challenges his country faces.
In his speech seen by Pindula News, Ramaphosa said:
I have decided to appoint Mr Paul Mashatile as Deputy President of Republic. With respect to Ministers, I am making the following appointments:
- Minister in the Presidency, Ms Khumbudzo Ntshavheni,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Ms Maropene Ramokgopa,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Electricity, Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa,
- Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, Mr Mondli Gungubele,
- Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Ms Thembi Nkadimeng,
- Minister of Public Service and Administration, Ms Noxolo Kiviet,
- Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure, Mr Sihle Zikalala,
- Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Mr Zizi Kodwa,
- Minister of Tourism, Ms Patricia de Lille,
- Minister of Transport, Ms Sindisiwe Chikunga.
With respect to Deputy Ministers, I am making the following appointments:
- Deputy Ministers in the Presidency, Ms Nomasonto Motaung and Mr Kenneth Morolong,
- Deputy Minister in the Presidency responsible for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Ms Sisisi Tolashe,
- Deputy Minister in the Presidency responsible for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Ms Pinky Kekana,
- There will be two Deputy Ministers for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Mr Parks Tau and Mr Zolile Burns-Ncamashe,
- There will be two Deputy Ministers for Water and Sanitation, Mr David Mahlobo and Ms Judith Tshabalala,
- Deputy Minister of Public Works, Ms Bernice Swarts,
- Deputy Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Dipuo Peters,
- Deputy Minister of Public Enterprises, Mr Obed Bapela,
- Deputy Minister of Transport, Mr Lisa Mangcu.
I wish to extend my appreciation to all outgoing Ministers and Deputy Ministers for their service to this administration and to the country.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
I have instructed both new and existing members of Cabinet to act with speed and urgency to address the challenges that our country faces.
I expect them to fulfil their tasks with rigour and dedication, to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to corruption wherever it exists, and to place the interests of the people of South Africa foremost in the work that they do.
This is the standard that I will hold them to, and I have full confidence that they will meet it. We must waste no time and spare no effort in restoring the promise of South Africa.
I thank you.