Prepaid Electricity Split Meters

Prepaid Electricity Split Meters

Suppliers of prepaid electricity split meters throughout Zimbabwe. Ideal for shared properties, landlords, tenants, shared business premises

Open
HomeAfrica

SA: Police Minister Visits Former Operation Dudula Leader's Home After Bomb Allegations

2 years agoMon, 20 Mar 2023 12:37:15 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
SA: Police Minister Visits Former Operation Dudula Leader's Home After Bomb Allegations

South Africa’s Police Minister Bheki Cele and senior police officers on Monday visited the home of Nhlanhla “Lux” Dlamini following reports of a bombing incident.

According to IOL, it is alleged that two commercial explosives, like the ones used in mines or ATM bombings, exploded at Lux’s family home in Pimville, Soweto, in the early hours of Monday morning.

Cele said they were taking the threats seriously and the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks) and forensic teams were deployed to the area to investigate the claims. He said:

It seems minor until you see the damage… The explosives used were quite powerful. This is a form of thuggery and we hope that SAPS teams find answers. We are expecting a report from the forensic teams.

A case of public violence and malicious damage to property has been registered.

Click here: Pindula WhatsApp Channel
wa.me/channel/0029Vb4GVea90x2nCSDImS1b

 

Lux, who is president of the Soweto parliament and former leader of Operation Dudula, has blamed the opposition Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party led by Julius Malema for the attack.

More: Pindula News

Tags

18 Comments

XXX · 2 years ago
If you play by the Gun you die by the Gun my fellow brother from another mother, unotangirei musindo pedza nyaya dzakoo handiti mukupisa nekuuraya maforeigners handei tione......
laugh emoji1
cid · 2 years ago
How can Yu go to maintain order and peace uchisiya pamba pako ne ghetto rako pasiri secure.
🙅🙅🙅🙅 · 2 years ago
ipapo zvako STAGE MANAGED
Pombiyadonha · 2 years ago
Uyo wedudula imhuka iyo.Ngaafe,akauraisa vakawanda
Given · 2 years ago
Malena is you big brother don't challenge him
Haewa · 2 years ago
Fawcet or Safeguard. CIO are an elite group
377 · 2 years ago
they are are not a private security company like Fawcett. Gvt special ops.
Anonymous · 2 years ago
Balance me here, so the "Hawks" are like our CIO equivalent ?
377 · 2 years ago
kind of.
Truth · 2 years ago
good good
Me · 2 years ago
aimboita nezveoperation Dudula
kk.kush.king · 2 years ago
uuu
Dillinger · 2 years ago
Anoita nezvei muchinda uyu?
xxx · 2 years ago
ndiye uya akatanga zve Operation Dudula, iyo irikuti ma immigrants abuditswe muSouth Africa
kk..Kush.king · 2 years ago
tinorombisa pasina ropa
kk Kush God · 2 years ago
🧐🥶
. · 2 years ago
A Soweto woman whose house windows were shattered by the alleged explosion of a bomb early on Monday told TimesLIVE she has been awake since the incident at around 4am. Julia Motlhamme said she heard a blast and her frightened children, who were sleeping in their room, ran to her bedroom. This came after the window in the bedroom in which the children were sleeping was shattered. Two blasts are believed to have gone off at the house of their neighbour, Soweto Parliament leader Nhlanhla “Lux” Dlamini. Broken glass outside the house of Nhlanhla Lux 'Dlamini's' neighbour in Pimville, Soweto. Image: Alaister Russell “The children came to my room and asked if I heard the explosion,” she said. “We sat in the passage to ensure our safety and then went to the other side to inspect what was happening,” said Motlhamme. They found two windows had been broken. “I opened for the dogs to get them inside because they were agitated by the explosion and were barking. We haven’t slept since 4am.” Motlhamme said it was unclear whether Dlamini was the target of the attack. Dlamini said the incident occurred while he was in Soweto with police, private security personnel and community members in the early hours to protect key areas in the township from looting during the national shutdown. “We were successfully patrolling the streets, bringing law and order the entire night in Soweto. Communities were united in defending shops and key points in the area and members of the communities,” he said. Dlamini expressed his dismay about the incident. “Two bombs were thrown at my property. This is a sad moment that my family, eight people, nearly died. There were eight people in my house when the bombs were thrown,” he said, adding he was relieved there were no casualties. Dlamini said gunshots were fired in the area. He said the culprits reportedly fled in a white Toyota Quantum. Commenting on the state of those who were in his house, he said some were rushed to hospital for medical attention but he did not know their status. He said he believed the national shutdown was linked to the attack. “I can’t think of anyone else because I don’t have enemies. It is probably more reasonable for me to conclude the EFF did this.” The EFF, however, denied being behind the attack, with the party’s Sinawo Thambo saying they “had no time for foolery”. He accused Dlamini of seeking attention. Police have cordoned off the scene and are conducting investigations. Earlier a butchery was petrol bombed in Dube, Soweto. Dlamini claimed he and security services had averted incidents of attempting looting. The situation appeared calm before 9am, with taxis operating without disruption.
1

Leave a Comment


Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals
Feedback