Central Africa Building Society
|Central Africa Building Society|
|Founded||September 8, 1954|
|Headquarters||Northridge Park , Northend Close, Borrowdale, Harare , Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe|
Central Africa Building Society (CABS) is the largest building society in Zimbabwe. CABS is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Zimbabwe Limited, Zimbabwe's largest life assurance organization. Old Mutual Zimbabwe is in turn a subsidiary of Old Mutual PLC - an international financial services conglomerate. The CABS bank has branches all over the country. The bank has over sixty years of experience and over 50 branches in Zimbabwe.
The bank was established in the then Rhodesia on 8 September 1954. CABS is owned by Old Mutual Zimbabwe limited which has interests in various sectors of the economy including retail, properties and insurance. Thus CABS operates as a subsidiary of this giant multinational company.
CABS is run by a board of directors appointed by the top management of Old Mutual. Each branch is headed by a branch manager who directly takes orders from works closely with the superiors at the banks Headquarters in the leafy suburb of Borrowdale in Harare.
- Kevin Terry- Managing Director
- K Chitando- Head of Retail Banking
- A Chaavure- Chief Finance Officer
- J Jabangwe- Head of Operations
- C Ndoro- Head of Corporate Banking
- E Mujekenyeki- Head of Risk Management
- J Mapiye- Corporate Treasurer
- F Machawira- Head of Compliance
- M Nyathi- Marketing Executive
- P Koen- Platinum Manager
- P Kudakwashe- Head of Credit.
- Transaction Accounts
- Savings Products
- Loan Products
- CABS Bancassurance
- CABS investment Services
- Corporate Banking Services.
- Internet Banking
- DSTV Payments
- Bill Payments
- Debit Cards
- Bill Payments
- CABS Cash passport
- Payroll Services
- Exchange Control Products & Services
- Interbank Transfer System
- CABS Cellphone Services
- Senior Citizen Discount
On Monday December 15, 2014,Cabs introduced the new CABS Mobile Banking App. The introduction of the App was a milestone achievement for the bank because customers could now carry out transactions without having to travel to a CABS Branch. Between 2010 and 2013, CABS channeled $101 million dollars for housing projects in Harare's Budiriro suburb and other pats of the the country.
2014- Zimbabwe Financial News Awards 2014- CABS lifted the top performing bank.
- , Central Africa Building Society (CABS), "AUHF", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- , Central Africa Building Society (CABS),Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, retrieved:9 Jan 2015"
- , Senior Management, "CABS", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- , Products, "CABS", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- V. Mutomba, CABS channels $101m into housing projects,NewsDay, published:29 Apr 2013,retrieved:9 Jan 2015"
- F. Mhlanga, Top banks win awards,The Independent, published:21 Nov 2014,retrieved:9 Jan 2015"