Christopher James Chetsanga is a Zimbabwean science administrator, research and development scientist. He is also a Professor at the University of Zimbabwe. He is a member of the African Academy of Sciences, Biochemical Society Zimbabwe and American Society Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Chetsanga was born on August 22, 1935, in Murewa. He Married Carolyn Anne Joyce, on the 4th July 1970 the couple was blessed with one child, Kunda Chetsanga.
In 1965 Christopher obtained a BSc degree at the University of California, Berkeley and Pepperdine University in California, USA. From 1965-1969 he obtained MSc and PhD degrees in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Toronto, Canada.1969-1972 became a Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Harvard University.Between 1969-1972 he became a Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Harvard University.
- Assistant professor, University of Michigan, Dearborn, 1972-1975;
- Associate professor, University of Michigan, Dearborn, 1975-1979;
- Professor, University of Michigan, Dearborn, 1979-1983;
- Senior Lecturer, U. Zimbabwe, 1983-1984; professor biochemistry, U. Zimbabwe, since 1985;
- Dean of science, U. Zimbabwe, 1986-1991;
- Pro-vice-chancellor, U. Zimbabwe, 1991-1993;
- Chairman, Research Council Zimbabwe, 1988-1992;
- Director General, Science and Industrial Research and Development Center, Harare, Zimbabwe, since 1993.
- Consultant Ministry Environment Tourism, Zimbabwe, 1988-1990,
- Commonwealth Science Council,Loncon, 1988-1991.
- Board directors Science and Industrial Research and Development Centre, Zimbabwe.