Citizens' Coalition for Change
|Citizens' Coalition for Change|
|Founded||January 22, 2022|
Citizens' Coalition for Change (CCC) is a Zimbabwean political party. The Citizens' Coalition for Change (CCC) was announced ahead of the by-elections on 26 March 2022 - (Zimbabwe By-elections (March 2022)).
The resolution to launch the Citizens' Coalition for Change (CCC) was made on 22 January 2022 by the party’s National Council. The resolution to abandon the MDC Alliance name came after MDC-T leader Douglas Mwonzora appropriated the MDC brand and all its variants.
The official colour of the Citizens' Coalition for Change (CCC) party is yellow.
Simuka Zimbabwe Simuka
Vaka Zimbabwe Vaka
Vhota Zimbabwe Vhota
6 million votes
Tose Dzvamu Kunovhota
Chamisa Chete Chete
Ngaapinde Hake Mukomana
NEW GREAT ZIMBABWE
One People One Vision One Nation
In October 2022, Citizens Coalition for Change reported that its Member of Parliament for Bulawayo Metropolitan Province was on 16 October 2022 attacked and injured by suspected Zanu PF thugs. Their statement said the assailants attacked Jasmine Toffa and a group of CCC members have been badly injured following an attack by suspected Zanu PF thugs in Insiza today. The thugs stole her handbag, personal belongings, money & fuel coupons & smashed vehicle windscreens. Two legislators, Daniel Molokele and Kucaca Phulu, were “violently attacked” by Zanu PF members while mobilising voters ahead of the by-elections.
This comes after the police warned political parties and supporters to be responsible and shun all forms of violence after the two parties clashed in Matobo before the 26 March by-elections in Ward 2. Cases of violence are being recorded periodically, raising fears that the 2023 elections will likely be violent. There is a possibility that the United Nations will supervise the 2023 polls to avoid another disputed election. 
In November 2022, ZEC invoiced Election Resource Centre (a local independent election watchdog) US$187 000 for the release of a hard copy of the voters’ roll. Director Babra Bhebe told stakeholders at a delimitation conference in Bulawayo that they received the invoice after requesting a quotation from the electoral management body.
ZAPU election secretary Kevin Mapanda said the fee was too high for any political party adding, “The problem is that ZEC only engages the ruling Zanu PF party and this delimitation process is going to cause confusion.”
MDC Alliance national deputy organising secretary Mukombwe Dube echoed Mapanda’s remarks saying ZEC’s fees were meant to deprive other political parties of access to the voters’ roll.
Citizens Coalition for Change national deputy secretary for elections Ellen Shiriyedenga also said ZEC should have consulted before gazetting the fees.
Zanu PF director of commissariat, mobilisation and elections Kizito Kuchekwa said they respected the independence of ZEC despite having their own concerns against the electoral management body.
ZEC spokesperson commissioner Jasper Mangwana, however, said a cheaper electronic format would be available “soon”. 
Nomination Court June 2023
Nomination court on 21 June 2023 produced six presidential candidates for the August elections. They are:
- Emmerson Mnangagwa (Zanu PF),
- Nelson Chamisa (CCC),
- Lovemore Madhuku (National Constituent Assembly (NCA),
- Trust Chikohora (Zimbabwe Coalition for Peace and Development),
- Linda Masarira (LEAD),
- Douglas Mwonzora (MDC-T). 
In October 2023, Freeman Chari warned CCC leader Nelson Chamisa that he risks finding himself in the political dustbin if he continues to centralise and personalise the party while excluding other people. 
- Chamisa’s MDC Alliance Rebrands To Citizens Coalition For Change, Pindula News, Published: January 24, 2022, Retrieved: January 24, 2022
- TheNewsHawks, Twitter, Published: January 24, 2022, Retrieved: January 22, 2022
- CCC Says “Suspected ZANU PF Thugs” Attacked And Injured Bulawayo MP, CCC Members, Pindula, Published: 17 October 2022, Retrieved: 19 October 2022
- ZEC Demands US$187 000 From Watchdog For The Release Of The Voters, Pindula, Published: 4 November 2022, Retrieved: 8 November 2022
- Six Presidential Candidates Submit Papers For Zimbabwe 23 Aug Elections, Pindula, Published: 20 June 2023, Retrieved: 22 June 2023
- Freeman Chari Warns Chamisa Zimbabweans Are Tired Of His Bible Quotes, Pindula, Published: 15 October 2023, Retrieved: 16 October 2023