Image Via The Herald
|Born||Cliff Anotidaishe Sekete|
September 7, 1992
|Education||Budiriro 1 Primary School|
Cliff Sekete is a talented midfielder who used to play for Dynamos Football Club before he was dropped during the 2015 soccer season.
Sekete was born on September 7, 1992. He did his primary education at Budiriro 1 Primary School Cliff Sekete was a regular at Chemhanza grounds in Glen View playing money games from the age of 11 years. At the age of 16, Sekete joined the Regis Dzenga owned Agatha Sheneti Academy (ASA) where he met the likes of Onismor Bhasera, Edward Sadomba, Pride Tafirenyika, Benjamin Marere, Peter and Patrick Mubaiwa.
Sekete started playing football at a very young age and is said to have been among some of the star players at Budiriro 1 Primary School. He started his professional career with former premier league outfit, Gunners Football Club. He enjoyed some successful spells with the club before he sealed a move to Dembare. The richest of his career has been arguably with the glamour boys where he managed to win several league titles as well as other domestic cups like the Bob @91 Cup. Following several months of speculation, Sekete eventually joined Dynamos Football Club and played for the club for four seasons before he was released due to the arrival of new players such as Takesure Chinyama. As of July 2015, the player had not ye been signed by any premier league club. Sekete's stint at Dembare was also cut short due to missing game time as a result of an injury. Some of Sekete's most memorable moments in Dembare include a winner which he scored against CA Birzetin of Algeria.
Sekete was said to have been spotted at the Dembare training ground a day after Mandigora had been dismissed. Speculation was rife on social media that he could make a return to Dembare.
- Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League Winner medal x3
- Soccer Star of the Year Finalist (2011)
- Club Player of the Year (2011)
- Rookie of the Year Runner Up (2011)
- Zimbabwe in age cheating storm, Kickoff, Published: January 17, 2011, Retrieved: April 1, 2015
- , Gemazo, Published: September 30, 2012, Retrieved: September 4, 2019
- My heart is still at Gunners — Cliff Sekete, The Standard, Published: December 31, 2011, Retrieved: April 1, 2015
- Eddie Chikamhi Dembare axe three players, The Herald, Published: July 10, 2015, Retrieved: July 20, 2015
- Dynamo Crush out, New Zimbabwe, Published: April 4, 2013, Retrieved: July 20, 2015