Ntokozo Mayisela is a South African and the wife of Zulu King Misuzulu Zulu. Mayisela and Misuzulu kaZwelithini were married on 6 May 2021, a day before the burial of Queen Regent Mantfombi Dlamini-Zulu.
Her mother is Noxolo Mayisela.
She has a sister named Lungi Mayisela.
Misuzulu Zulu reportedly married Ntokozo Mayisela on 6 May 2021, a day before his mother Queen Regent Mantfombi Dlamini-Zulu was “planted” (buried). Legal documents from the Department of Home Affairs, which were leaked to Independent Media, shows that Misuzulu Zulu married his long-time sweetheart, Mayisela, in a civil union.
Royal archives show that Mayisela played beautiful music, attracting the attention of the future king and other royals.
On 13 May 2021, Misuzulu sent a royal delegation to pay lobola for Ntokozo Mayisela. The Mayisela family demanded eight cows and R50 000 in cash.
Mayisela has two children with Misuzulu Zulu.
Mayisela studied towards a diploma in popular jazz and music around 2009.
Ntokozo Mayisela made her first public appearance on Sunday, 25 July 2021 when she together with her husband launched their first community support programme at KwaKhangelamankengane Royal Palace in Nongoma, KZN.
They donated food parcels to poor residents of Nongoma who suffered lockdown and the looting in KZN. Mayisela-Zulu said she started the Kamaskolo Foundation after King Misuzulu told her he wanted to end the nation’s hunger.
- Sihle Mavuso, Eight cows and R50 000 cash lobola for new Zulu queen Ntokozo Mayisela, IOL, Published: May 13, 2021, Retrieved: May 13, 2021
- Clive Ndou, Excitement as new Zulu king visits queen-to-be’s home village, The Witness, Published: May 15, 2021, Retrieved: May 19, 2021
- Clive Ndou, Prince Misuzulu kaZwelithini's betrothed Ntokozo Mayisela 'has what it takes to be a queen’, City Press, Published: May 16, 2021, Retrieved: May 19, 2021
- Clive Ndou, Meet Zulu King’s wife-to-be, Ntokozo Mayisela, The Witness, Published: May 15, 2021, Retrieved: May 19, 2021
- Sihle Mavuso, Documents show new Zulu King Misuzulu got married last week, IOL, Published: May 11, 2021, Retrieved: May 12, 2021
- JABULANI LANGA, ZULU KING AND QUEEN FIRST APPEARANCE, Daily Sun, Published: July 26, 2021, Retrieved: August 25, 2021