June 1, 1987
|Employer||Dynamos Football Club|
He was born on June 1, 1987
Mahindra as he is popularly known by the Dembare faithfuls started kicked off his professional football career with CAPS United Football Club. Machapa became an instant hit in the premier league because of his wicked left foot, dribbling abilities and overlapping runs. Following his impressive for for Makepekepe, Machapa was signed by South African side, Moroka Swallows Football Club in 2010. He featured for Swallows until 2013 when the club eventually released him which saw Machapa returning to Zimbabwe. It was in July of 2013 that Machapa signed for Dynamos Football Club. He has had a lot of successes with the Glamours boys some of which include two consecutive league triumphs with history making coach, Callisto Pasuwa. Some of the most glittering moments of Machapa's stint with Dembare include a spectacular curler he scored against Makepekepe, it was the goal also separated the two sides. He has also won several cup competitions with Dembare such as the the Bob @ 90, Bob @ 91 and the TM Pick n Pay Challenge Cup. On July 23, Machapa was unveiled as a Caps United Football Club player after his contract with Dynamos Football Club expired mid-year.
Teams Played For
- CAPS United Football Club
- Moroka Swallows Football Club (2010-2013)
- Dynamos Football Club (2013 to July 2015)
- Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League Winner's Medal (2013)
- Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League Winner's Medal (2014)
The Sun of South Africa reported that Machapa had made a reputation of dating and dropping women at an alarming rate. It claimed that in a matter of months, he had dated three women and parted ways with them in that short interval. One Selina Mahume claimed that Oscar dropped her under unclear circumstances while Noxolo from Pretoria claimed that she miscarried Oscar's baby after seeing him with another woman.
In late 2014, Machapa was accused of having assaulted a police officer. He was however acquitted before the courts after it was established that there was no incriminating evidence against him. The incident is said to have taken place at the National Sports Stadium where Dembare was playing against ZPC Kariba. The judge ruled that the evidence provided by the two witnesses failed to prove that Machapa committed an offence beyond reasonable doubt.
- Oscar Machapa, Transfer Market, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: June 26, 2015
- Augustine Hwata Dembare complete Machapa deal, The Herald, Published: July 27, 2013, Retrieved: June 26, 2015 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "herald" defined multiple times with different content
- Oscar Machapa’s derby delight, Newsday, Published: September 16, 2013, Retrieved: June 26, 2015
- Grace Chingoma Mathe preparing for tough battle, Herald, Published: July 24, 2015, Retrieved: July 24, 2015
- Oscar Machapa, Real Soccer, Published: September 30, 2012, Retrieved: June 26, 2015