Peter Haritatos image credit: NewsDay
Peter Haritatos, moved to Zimbabwe as a boy in the 1950s. 
In 2013, Peter Haritatos ran for MP for Muzvezve constituency under a Zanu-PF ticket. He won the election, garnering 18,832 votes against MDC-T's 3,029 and MDC 569 votes. Haritatos is also a member of Zanu-PF's central committee, the party's powerful decision making body. He was nominated into the Zanu PF central committee at the Zanu-PF party congress in December without being subjected to an election.
He contested in the July 2018 elections and was elected Member of Parliament for Muzvezve.
Peter Haritatos is not the only white member of Zanu-PF. Other members include Joshua Sacco, Stuart Comberbach, Timothy Stamps and Denis Norman. Haritatos was reported to be the financier of the Ignatius Chombo faction during the period of factional fights to succeed Robert Mugabe from about 2013. He was accused by party members of abusing his wealth to fan factionalism . Reports in January 2015 said that Zanu PF Kadoma district chairpersons, in a petition to Acting President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Women’s League boss Grace Mugabe, had alleged that Haritatos had links to former Vice-President Joice Mujuru and was plotting Mnangagwa’s downfall.
Farm Mechanisation Scheme
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
Peter Haritatos is listed under the thematic group “Politicians”. According to the list, he got a loan of US$38,000. 
Peter Haritatos owns a gold mine and a commercial bakery in Zimbabwe.
Peter Haritatos sits next to his wife at a Walter Magaya sermon in Harare in 2015.
- Haritatos was also accused by some Zanu-PF members of being racist. 
- Jerome Starky, The only white Zanu PF candidate, Flickr, Published: 3 Aug 2013, Retrieved: 11 Nov 2015
- Full 2013 Zimbabwe election results Nehanda Radio, Published: 3 Aug 2013, Retrieved: 11 Nov 2015
- Knives out for Zanu PF MP, NewsDay, Published:6 Jan 2015, Retrieved: 11 Nov 2015
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ loan of US$325,368.00-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020