|Born||March 26, 1985|
|Education||Churchill Boys High|
|Years active||2000 - Present|
|Known for||Playing International Cricket for Zimbabwe|
Prosper Utseya, is a Zimbabwean professional cricketer whose game role is Bowler. His batting style is Right hand bat and bowls Right-arm offbreak. He has represented Zimbabwe at ODIs and the World Cup such as the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
Prosper Utseya was born on 26 March 1985 in Harare. The Major Teams Prosper Utseya Has played for include the following
Zimbabwe, Easterns (Zimbabwe), Mashonaland A, Mashonaland Eagles, Mountaineers, Zimbabwe A, Zimbabwe Board XI, Zimbabwe Select XI, Zimbabwe Under-19s, Zimbabwe XI. Utseya has a son Ricardo. Prosper Utseya attends Johane Masowe
Like many cricketers who have played for the national side, Utseya is a product of Takashinga Cricket Academy where he natured his cricketing skills before being drafted into the national side. He is said to have started playing cricket while he was still in primary school at Chipembere. Utseya got a Zimbabwe Cricket scholarship to study at Churchill Boys High School and played for Takashinga since he was in form two. Prosper Usteya played for Mashonaland A when he was still fifteen years old before turning out for Manicaland and eventually CFX Academy in 2004. He made his first ODI appearance at the age of 15 and was a member of the Zimbabwe Under-19 team. He made his debut for Zimbabwe in 2004 against Sri Lanka when he was a nineteen year old. Utseya featured for Zimbabwe at the 2007, 2011 and 2015 ICC World Cups.
Ban by ICC
Utseya was banned by the International Cricket Committee from bowling the offspin after it was uncovered that his action exceeded the 15 degrees limit. Utseya is said to have been tested after which it emerged that all of his deliveries were illegal resulting in the ban. Although the player was cleared by the ICC to bowl during the 2015 World Cup, the player was not allowed to bowl the offspin.
Prosper is only the second Zimbabwean to claim a hattrick after Eddo Brandes in 1997.
- Brighton Zhawi, Utseya's performance matures with age, Sunday Mail, Published: August 30, 2015, Retrieved: September 2, 2015
- Brighton Zhawi Prosper Utseya wants more, The Sunday Mail, Published: August 31, 2014, Retrieved: February 17, 2015
- Prosper Utseya, Geo Online Live Coverage, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 17, 2015
- ICC World Cup Zimbabwe Squad Profiles, International Cricket Council, Published:Unknown, Retrieved:14 February 2015
- Prosper Utseya's action found to be illegal, ESPN Cricinfo, Published: October 8, 2014, Retrieved: February 16, 2015