|Richard Moyo Richard Moyo|
Moyo contested in the 2018 harmonized elections and won with 15,331 votes.
Moyo started political activities at the age of 16, as a Zanu-PF Youth Secretary for Magobho Branch. In 1989 he was voted chairperson of Magobho branch and held that position up to 1994.
Thereafter Richard Moyo was District Youth chairperson for Magobho District for 10 years. In 2004 he was elected District chairperson for Magobho main wing, a position he held up to 2007.
In 2008 he was elected Umguza District Co-ordinator chairman, a position he held up to 2012 when the Central Committee and Politburo decided to disband all DCCs countrywide. He also represented Zanu-PF in Copac.
Moyo was elected Matabeleland North Provincial chairman for Zanu-PF in 2012. In 2014, Moyo was the only Zanu-PF provincial chairperson left after votes of no confidence were passed against provincial chairs Ray Kaukonde (Mashonaland East), Temba Mliswa (Mashonaland West), Callisto Gwanetsa (Masvingo), Jason Machaya (Midlands), Amos Midzi (Harare), Andrew Langa (Matabeleland South), Professor Callistus Ndlovu (Bulawayo), John Mvundura (Manicaland) and Luke Mushore (Mashonaland Central).
Richard Moyo owns Marsland Farm in Umguza.
- Cde Richard Moyo CV, Sunday News, Published: July22, 2018, Retrieved: January 6, 2022
- Mary Mliswa-Chikoka Becomes The First Woman To Lead A Province In ZANU PF’s History, Pindula News, Published: January 6, 2022, Retrieved: January 6, 2022
- Vusumuzi Dube, Last man standing, Sunday News, Published: November 23, 2014, Retrieved: January 6, 2022
- I don’t do factions: Mat North chair, The Chronicle, Published: November 20, 2014, Retrieved: January 6, 2022
- Nqobile Tshili, Minister drives farming success story, The Chronicle, Published: September 13, 2021, Retrieved: January 6, 2022